Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

What is important?

This past Christmas Eve my brother received a baby book that my Aunt recently found. No one had known this baby book existed. My mother had written in a baby book for my brother all of his first year's milestones. Although I felt kind of sad for a moment when he recieved the book, as I looked through it I realized that even if it was my baby book it wasn't anything I really even would want to really know. It didn't tell me anything about my mother except that she had really great hand writing! Even though it's neat to read things about ourselves as babies, and that we could use that information to compare ourselves to our own babies, it wasn't anything truly about my mother as a person.

When I was writing my book and creating my own legacy album for my boys back in 2003, I had to stop and think about what I would truly want to know about my own mother in order to create an album for my own children.

8 years later I don't get hung up on the whole "album" thing. Through this blog I will post ways you can leave your legacy messages to your own children. For now I have purchased a journal for each child. I write them "letters" or messages I feel on my heart in their own personal journal they will receive one day, when the time is right.

Here is a list of what I wish I knew about my own mother and what I believe my own kids would someday want to know about me:

(I will post these tomorrow, so check back!)

No comments:

Post a Comment